About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
I'm a retired Mother of three and Memere of five plus the addition of my Great Grandson. Memere is French Canadian for Grammy. Sometimes when I think of that I have to catch my breath. Time moves so quickly and we need to savor every moment in time for we can never go back again...only in our memories. I treasure each and every moment that I get to spend with my family and friends. I have spent a lot of my life singing in church and school choirs. Now that my voice is aging, I just may end up singing Bass. LOL I like reflection and use it a lot in some of the poems I write. I have some amazing friends from all over the U.S. and even in Canada, who have been with me through thick and thin and I would have never made it without them. I belive that God puts people in our lives to be our angels, inspiration, or to teach us something. I support our Military in the fight they are fighting to help keep our country free and protect our freedom. God Bless America, God Bless Us All! I hope that you enjoy reading some of my blogg. Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment so I know you have visited. Happy Fall Y'All!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Ah Maxine...gotta' love her!

Who doesn't love Maxine?  Well to add to my secret stash of Maxine witticisms, a dear friend sent me this one.  How did she know I started my Fall Diet just this morning????
How Very True It Is!!!!

Actually, I did start my new diet this morning and so far it is going well.  Now if I can just keep my evening munchies under control I will have one day down of 28.  Needless to say, last night I stuffed myself with all the goodies I can't have for the rest of my life perhaps.  Boy that "Big and Tasty", French Fries and Cinnamon Roll were delicious.  Guess I will have to hold on to that memory now, at least until the next gorge on Thanksgiving.

I am also signed up for "Lose Your Caboose with the Moose" at my local Moose Lodge.  And how is that going you may ask???  Well at least I haven't gained any weight since my first weigh-in.  Good luck to my team-mates!  We will win this guys.

Till Next Time....  Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment