About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
I'm a retired Mother of three and Memere of five plus the addition of my Great Grandson. Memere is French Canadian for Grammy. Sometimes when I think of that I have to catch my breath. Time moves so quickly and we need to savor every moment in time for we can never go back again...only in our memories. I treasure each and every moment that I get to spend with my family and friends. I have spent a lot of my life singing in church and school choirs. Now that my voice is aging, I just may end up singing Bass. LOL I like reflection and use it a lot in some of the poems I write. I have some amazing friends from all over the U.S. and even in Canada, who have been with me through thick and thin and I would have never made it without them. I belive that God puts people in our lives to be our angels, inspiration, or to teach us something. I support our Military in the fight they are fighting to help keep our country free and protect our freedom. God Bless America, God Bless Us All! I hope that you enjoy reading some of my blogg. Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment so I know you have visited. Happy Fall Y'All!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Trying to walk on....

This past 7 months have been really hard on me and my family.  March 10th my only son and baby of the family passed away.  I think that we are all still in a state of shock and disbelief because we were all with him just three days before his death.  My heart hurts so bad that it is a real physical pain there and I believe that I will always have the pain of that loss, but I must learn to walk again with that pain.  Without our belief in our God and Father, I don't know what we would do.  I found a very special support group on line and the link is below. 


With the holidays coming up and family gatherings, it will be especially difficult.  There will always be that empty chair.  Praying for peace and comfort for all.

Dear God
Please God forgive the silent tear,
A constant wish that he was here.
Others were taken yes, we know,
But he was ours and we loved him so.
He bid no one a last goodbye.
He was gone before we knew it,
And only God knows why.
If all the world was ours to give
We'd give it all and more to see
That loving face of his once more.
For those who have someone who
Means a lot, treasure them with care,
For you never know their value
Till you see their vacant chair.
Written March 17, 2011


Loved with a love beyond all feeling
Missed with a grief beyond all tears.

Miss you my "Boo Boo" and I will love you forever and always.  Watch over us and let us feel your hugs and see the heart clouds.
XXXXOOOOXXXX

Wayne Austin Packard
Sunrise ~ December 11, 1974
Sunset ~ March 10, 2011

Our last time together. 3/7/11
Till we are all in heaven

2 comments:

  1. I pray for you and your family often regarding this. I can't imagine, but my heart hurts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dottie
    So pleased to find you as a new follower of my blog but very saddened to read of the loss of your son. I cannot even begin to imagine how you must feel, our children are so very precious.
    Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, keep up with your blogging it does help to share your thoughts and grief in writing.
    with lots of hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete