About Me

My photo
Oklahoma, United States
I'm a retired Mother of three and Memere of five plus the addition of my Great Grandson. Memere is French Canadian for Grammy. Sometimes when I think of that I have to catch my breath. Time moves so quickly and we need to savor every moment in time for we can never go back again...only in our memories. I treasure each and every moment that I get to spend with my family and friends. I have spent a lot of my life singing in church and school choirs. Now that my voice is aging, I just may end up singing Bass. LOL I like reflection and use it a lot in some of the poems I write. I have some amazing friends from all over the U.S. and even in Canada, who have been with me through thick and thin and I would have never made it without them. I belive that God puts people in our lives to be our angels, inspiration, or to teach us something. I support our Military in the fight they are fighting to help keep our country free and protect our freedom. God Bless America, God Bless Us All! I hope that you enjoy reading some of my blogg. Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment so I know you have visited. Happy Fall Y'All!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Instant Friends




Instant Friends


Not flash frozen or out of a box,
Not a cookie cutter copy at all
But, once you meet them
In a instant
You just know that this is one of a kind.


Instant Friends are the kind you just know
Will be your buddy forever and your friendship will only grow.
Call it chemistry or charisma or just pure fate
But once you meet them you just know you relate.


It’s like you’ve been down this road once before
You know their thoughts before they open the door
Of their hearts and minds and souls to you
And there’s nothing you don’t share or enjoy to do.


You share each others joys and tears
And know, you'll remain friends for years and years.
Its' almost as if it was always meant to be
This precious friend you would one day see.


You tease and console as only good friends can do
But you know in a pinch that she'd be there for you.
So I just want to thank you God, for putting her in my life
And I pray to be that kind of friend through happiness or strife.


by Dottie Austin Theriault © June, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment